80's Thing Probably Written By Someone Who Remembers The 90's Better...
Things applying to me or that I remember are bolded
1. You've ever ended a sentence with the word "PSYCHE." (and it's properly pronounced "syEEEEEEK")
2. You watched the Pound Puppies.
3. You can sing the rap to the "Fresh Prince of Bel Air".
4. You wore biker shorts under your skirts and felt stylish.
5. You yearned to be a member of the Baby-sitters club and tried to start a club of your own.
6. You owned those lil Strawberry Shortcake pals scented dolls.
7. You know that "WOAH" comes from Joey on Blossom. (Got the reference, but sorry, it was Bill and Ted)
8. Two words: M.C. Hammer.
9. If you ever watched "Fraggle Rock."
10. You had plastic streamers on your handle bars. (for the like 10 minutes I had a bike)
11. You can sing the entire theme song to "Duck Tales."
12. When it was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
13. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head.
14. You saw the original "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" on the big screen.
15. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.
16. You made your Mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side. I didn't ask for one but seem to remember it appearing in my christmas stocking one year...not that I ever used it
17. You played the game "MASH" (Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House)
18. You wore Jordache Jean jacket and you were proud of it.
19. L.A. Gear...
20. You wanted to change your name to "JEM" in Kindergarten. again, no but I remember watching the cartoon
21. You remember reading "Tales of a fourth grade nothing" and all the Ramona books. Tales but not Ramona
22. You know the profound meaning of "WAX ON, WAX OFF"
23. You wanted to be a Goonie. didn't want to be one but saw the movie when it came out on vhs
24. You ever wore fluorescent clothing.
25. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off...
26. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.
27. You took Lunch Pails to school.
28. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.
29. You still get the urge to say "NOT" after every sentence. still use it occasionally
30. You remember Hypercolor T-shirts.
31. Barbie and the Rockers was your favorite band.
32. You thought She-Ra and He-Man should hook up. well not the hook up thing silly, just remember watching the shows
33. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged friendship bracelets.
34. You ever owned a pair of jelly shoes. (probably still have them in storage somewhere)
35. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know what you are, but what am I?"
36. You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up" (And the "Where's The Beef" Lady...)
37. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates. (even took lessons once)
38. You ever got seriously injured on a Slip and Slide.
39. You have ever played with a Skip-It.
40. You had or attended a birthday party at McDonald's.
41. You've gone through this list occasionally saying "Totally awesome"
42. You remember Popples.
43. "Don't worry, be happy" (Again, wasn't this early 90's?)
44. You wore like, EIGHT pairs of socks over tights with high top Reeboks.
45. You wore socks scrunched down.
46. "Miss MARY MACK MACK, all dressed in BLACK BLACK BLACK" (With silver buttons buttons buttons all down her back back back...)
47. You remember boom boxes vs. CD players. (And the Start Trek 4 reference to it)
48. You remember watching both "Gremlins" movies. One of them was actually on tv last night...
49. You know what it meant to say "Care Bear Stare!"
50. You remember watching Rainbow Brite and My Little Pony Tales
51. You thought Doogie Howser was hot. (well not hot, but I remember watching the show and still get the "Hey, it's Doogie" when he's on something else
52. You remember ALF, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac.
53. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool. (But was too old to think they were cool)
54. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved By the Bell," the ORIGINAL class.
55. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME. or at least a bunch of them
This list makes me feel old. Most of this stuff I seem to remember being too old for. Strawberry shortcake? Care Bears? Please...